Go to my home page
Jim Loy's Bridge Page
My Bridge Software Review
My old Bridge Software Review (ranks the skills of
My Bridge Articles
favorite bridge links
Nov. 1998 - My WWW version of my bridge software review
was awarded the Links2Go
Key Resource Award.
HeyMrTamMan says about my Intro to Relays - A 2D
Relay Stayman: This is an outstanding introduction to the principles of
relay bidding. A must-read for anyone seeking to understand an approach to
bidding which gives partner the ability to discover, with great completeness,
the information needed to place the final contract - while at the same time
disclosing to opponents minimal information.
My Bridge Articles:
My Articles in the RGB FAQ Archives:
- Relay Bidding:
- Other Systems:
A few bridge events in my life:
- I have continued to do the ACBL Bridge Bulletin software review. In
2002, the emphasis was the card play of the strongest programs.
- My article on Bridge World Standard 1994 has
moved to The Bridge World's WWW pages. It has since moved back.
- The November 1996, 97, 98 issues of the ACBL Bridge Bulletin
included a huge version of my bridge software review. I have continued to
contribute reviews of just the strongest programs, every year since, for this
- In 1998, The Bridge World published my review of BridgeBase's
Master Solvers' Club program. That review can now be found at BridgeBase's
site: The Master
Solvers' Club, by: Jim Loy.
- My review was mentioned in Alan Truscott's bridge column in the New
York Times (2/19/96).
- Also, The Bridge World (I think it is the best of all bridge
magazines) published my letter to the editor (page 27, August 1996) ranking the
bidding skills of the various bridge programs.
My favorite bridge links:
Send me email
Go to my home