Go to my home page
Jim Loy's Personal Stuff
There is only one Jim Loy. Unfortunately, it takes two Jim Loys to screw
in a light bulb (one to turn the swivel chair, it would seem). [Actually, I
hear that there are four or five Jim Loys out there. Where are they when my
light bulbs burn out, is what I want to know?]
Name: Jim Loy
Mail: 1104 S. Montana, H7, Bozeman, MT
Home phone: (406)586-8622
Some smaller stuff (incidents, events, & details) about my life:
About my WWW pages:
From my other pages:
Also, see my Complaint
- Apr./May 2003 - Egyptology - My picture from
A Wall of Thutmose III appeared in
- May 23, 2002 - Old - I turned 55. I'm a senior citizen.
- May, 2002 - My first book - Finished my first book, have to
figure out what to do about publishers.
- Jan. 23, 2002 - Bowling - I picked up the 7-10
- Jan. 3, 2002 - Bowling - I Bowled 300+162+192=654, my
first perfect game.
- Nov. 2001 - My WWW pages moved to www.jimloy.com.
- Nov. 2001 - Another computer crash, bad mother board, under
- May 15, 2001 - My grandmother Selma Hanberg passed away, 16
days before her 108th birthday.
- Dec. 2000 - Yet another computer crash. My computer shut down
and never restarted. I bought a new computer with the old periferals (the old
hard disk was fine).
- Nov. 2000 - My Mathematics
pages were described briefly in the
Forum Internet News No. 5.48 (27 November 2000).
- July 12, 2000 - My father died.
- June 2000 - Yet another computer crash. Tests showed good hard
disk, good Windows registry, and yet my computer crashed 3 or 4 times daily.
Formatting my hard drive seems to have fixed it.
- May 16, 2000 - Illness - A blood clot left my leg, swirled
through my heart, and lodged in my lung, causing me extreme pain. The next day
I entered the hospital, causing me extreme expense. I left the hospital on May
23 (my 53rd birthday). I expect to recover fully in a few months. I re-entered
the hospital for another three days because of more pain in my lung.
- Jan. 2000 - My WWW pages were awarded the
Britannica Internet Guide Award from
- Aug. 1999 - Checkers - I won a 6 game match by mail, 1 win and
5 draws, against Jerry Childers, the former World Checkers-By-Mail Champ. He
had lost his title several months earlier. This win guarantees that I will take
2nd place in the 1999 I-D
Checkers-by-mail Tournament, which is the national championship of
- July 1999 - My Egyptology pages won the
Directory Cool Site award.
- May 31, 1999 - My grandmother turned 106. I'm catching up
fast, at 52.
- May 1999 - Chess - I won the Senior (age 50 and over) Montana
Chess Championship. I call it the Methuselah Memorial Trophy. I thought you had
to be old to win it.
- Apr. 1999 - Billiards - I took 2nd place in the 2nd Artistic
Carom Billiard Championship, the
Largo Recorrido 1.999, featuring shots of many rails. Carlos Casanova, of
Mexico, took first. I am still the top ranked player. The next tournament, the
I Trofeo Massé de Oro, is being held in my honor!
- Mar. 1999 - Pool - My pool team won a trip to the VNEA
International Tournament in Las Vegas, for the third year in a row.
- Jan. 1999 - Pool - My pool team won the Montana 8-Ball Team
- Jan. 1999 - Another computer crash - This was just a power
supply, easily (and cheaply) fixed.
- Dec. 1998 - Arts - I have thought of a title for the book I am
writing: CLICK HERE, TO READ THIS BOOK. This book will be a collection
of articles and stories from my WWW pages.
- Nov. 1998 - Checkers - I took 4th place (tie for 3rd with Tom
Sheehan) in the 1998 I-D Tournament. I guess I played better than ever before.
But Bert Vanderpool and Lonnie Martin did much better.
- Nov. 1998 - Billiards - I won the
1st Artistic Carom Billiard
Championship on the Internet. One of my shots (See
My Hot Billiards Shot) is tied for the
lead, and I am currently the top ranked player.
- Nov. 1998 - Bridge - My WWW version of my bridge software
review was awarded the Links2Go Key Resource
- Nov. 1998 - Bridge - The November issue of the ACBL Bridge
Bulletin included a huge version of my bridge software review. This is my third
review for them.
- Oct. 1998 - Bridge - The October issue of the Bridge World
included a review that I did, of their Master Solvers Club program.
- Oct. 1998 - Art - Not having a computer, I said "I don't need
this," and drove to Portland, Oregon, played 3-cushion billiards, had a minor
car crash, and saw 22 late Monet paintings. This was one of the highlights of
- Oct. 1998 - Another crash - This time, I was without my
computer for over 4 weeks. This crash was different, software, not hardware. I
had to reformat my hard drive.
- May 31, 1998 - My grandmother turned 105.
- Mar. 1998 - Pool - My pool team won a trip to the VNEA
International Tournament in Las Vegas, for the second year in a row.
- Dec. 1997 - Bridge - My Bridge
Software Review appeared in a Russian bridge magazine (Bridge Review).
- Nov. 1997 - Checkers - The ACF allowed me to create an online
version of their December Bulletin.
- Nov. 1997 - Bridge - The November issue of the ACBL Bridge
Bulletin included a huge version of my bridge software review. This will be the
second year that I have done that.
- Nov. 1997 - Checkers - I didn't play very well, in the
1997 I-D Tournament. I took 6th place (tie
for 4th), but only because of fewer entries and because others did worse.
- Sep. 1997 - Another crash - I've had two hard disk crashes in
one year. It gets a little depressing. After my previous crash, I continued to
notice that things were missing, over half a year later.
- Aug. 1997 - Used Car - I bought a used 1985 Honda CRX (little
- Summer 1997 - Checkers - I won the 1997 District 9
Checkers-By-Mail Tournament, thereby qualifying for the 1998 I-D Tournament.
- May 1997 - My grandmother turned 104.
- May 1997 - I turned 50.
- Spring 1997 - Pool (8-ball) - My pool team won $900 ($180 for
each player) in the VNEA International Tournament in Las Vegas.
- Dec. 1996 - Crash - I had a hard disk crash just before
- Dec. 1996 - Checkers - I took 4th place in the
1996 I-D Tournament, which is the national
championship of checkers-by mail. That's my best result ever.
- Aug. 1996 - Bridge - A letter-to-the-editor of mine was
published in The Bridge World. I'll publish it here, eventually.
Send me email
Go to my home